Tuesday, November 22, 2011

INSANITY: The New Addition to My Workout

I try my hardest to keep a regular workout routine. But somedays, I'm just not feeling it. That is when I know it is time for a change. I previously had been doing P90x. I will note, P90x is an amazing workout. I got some great muscletone built and the variety was
great. But I could tell I was getting bored with it. I rolled my eyes every time I heard Tony Horton say, "Look at those teeth, they're off the charts, like Chiclets." I also had this annoying layer of fat on my stomach and legs that was not going anywhere no matter how much P90x I was doing. Nothing is more annoying than being able to feel your muscles but not being able to see them because of flab.

So I decided to go for a workout that focused more on cardio. Enter Insanity. I can tell already this is going to be a challenge, but one I am glad to take on. I have never done a workout where I spent more time keeled over and gasping for air. I feel really silly and unathletic right now because plyometrics has never been my strong point (Hence, the humiliating end to my basketball days my freshman year of high school). But I am not giving up. I have seen people have great success with this program and I intend to push through. Ripped body, here I come!

To grunting and sweating,

Culture Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment